If you are like me, you have been saying for years that you need to replace your windows. My house is 35 years old and has beautiful expensive windows, but for some reason every fall, I start thinking about new windows. This fall I finally replaced them and I am thrilled with the decision. So here are a few tips to help you better understand when, and why, you should consider new windows. If you do, I hope you think about Rhode Island Home Improvement.
Rhode Island Home Improvement recommends that you replace your windows if you have any of the following problems:
• You actually feel air coming through your windows – If so…
• Check to see if your windows have a single pane – Single pane windows provide poor energy efficiency compared with double- or triple-pane glass. This can lead to drafty windows and a rise in utility bills.
• Check to see if there is any damage to the window, pane, frame, or sashes – Damage from bad weather, accidents, or simply by age can cause damage. If this is the case, it is important that you have them replaced immediately.
• Look for rot in frames and sashes – Humid weather is the main cause of rot. Rot can lead to water damage and air leaks. If you are having this type of issue, you should have it replaced with windows that offer more durability.
• Sashes do not open and close properly – This is usually a sign that your windows have reached the end of their service life. In this case, call Rhode Island Home Improvement immediately to ensure continued comfort and energy efficiency.
• You have been fixing them for too long – Sometimes you have done everything you can to patch the problems. If that is the case, it is time for new windows.
Here are some window replacement tips:
When you’re ready to seek out new windows, make sure you choose those with at least two glass panes and with low-E coating. This improves the overall energy efficiency of your windows. Quality glass helps battle the fluctuating temperatures of New England. Also, look for windows with low U-factors and Solar Heat Gain Coefficient. This ensures that your home is comfortable throughout the year.
Rhode Island Home Improvement is a family-owned Rhode Island contractor that you can trust. We have been in business for over 65-years and have completed over 45,000 jobs. We are located in Rhode Island; however, we service S.E. Massachusetts, and Eastern Connecticut. Rhode Island Home Improvement also installs Kitchens, Bath Liners, Siding, and roofing.
To learn more about our services, schedule a free consultation today.