As we know, November brings in cooler temperatures and shorter days that makes it the perfect time to tackle some essential home projects to prepare your home for the winter months. The team at RIHI is here to help by sharing ten essential home projects to complete before the snow flies and the ponds freeze.
- Winterize Your Home: Check for drafty windows and doors, insulate doors and windows, and make sure your heating system is working efficiently to keep your home cozy and more energy efficient.
- Clean Gutters and Downspouts: Prevent water damage by removing leaves and debris from the gutters and downspouts to ensure proper drainage.
- Fireplace Maintenance: Get your fireplace ready for those chilly evenings by cleaning the chimney, stocking up on firewood, and testing the firebox.
- Change HVAC Filters: Replace or clean your HVAC filters to improve indoor air quality and maintain your heating system’s efficiency.
- Deep Clean Indoors: Give your home a thorough cleaning, focusing on areas often overlooked, like baseboards, ceiling fans, and light fixtures.
- Organize and Declutter: Before the holiday season hits, declutter, and organize our living spaces, making room for decorations and guests.
- Test Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Detectors: Ensure the safety of your family by checking and replacing batteries in smoke and carbon monoxide detectors.
- Prepare for Winter Emergencies: Stock up on essential supplies, like batteries, flashlights, candles, and non-perishable food, in case of power outages or other winter emergencies.
- Prep Your Garden: Trim back dead foliage, mulch around plants, and protect sensitive vegetation from frost and cold winds.
- Exterior Repairs: Address any exterior maintenance issues, like fixing or replacing old or damaged siding, shingles, or windows.
RIHI The Home Improvement Specialist knows that taking the time to complete these home projects now will help you create a comfortable and safe home for the colder months ahead, leaving you more time to enjoy a worry free holiday season.